Thursday, November 7, 2013

Just so you know, I am more like my mother than I am like my father...

As the pregnancy progressed, King Dev commissioned the construction of a boy's nursery, training grounds, playroom, toys and furniture that would befit a boy's every whim and desire.
Time passed.
Queen Sam was concerned, King Dev grew more and more obsessed with the idea that he would soon have a son who could compete with all his neighbor King's princes. What if her son was feminine and did not want to be a warrior and slay dragons? What if he wanted to paint and write books?
Time passed.
Soon, in some ways all too soon, the day of labor arrived. Queen Sam was relieved that it arrived without much fuss and she begin delivery of what she hoped was a son to satisfy this obsession of King Dev.
King Dev handed out pipeweed and pipes to everyone and bragged about all the manly things that his newborn son would soon be born.
The Midwife in charge of delivery had been informed in advance that once King Dev's son was birthed that she was to send word to him so he could have the city's bells rung. Mabelwise was a practical midwife and probably somewhat pragmatic to some degree, but she did just nod and curtsy when the request was made.
So when I popped out, she instantly knew that they had a small problem...well, actually it was a huge problem...
Yes, that was me-
the narrator of this fairy tale.
Yes, I am milking the moment for dramatic effect.
If you haven't guessed it yet.
I am a girl.
Moreover, I was King Dev's newly born baby daughter.
His princess.

I suspect you now understand the title of today's post better.
come back tomorrow or in a few days, because it gets better.

No comments:

Post a Comment