Saturday, June 28, 2014

The Problem with Fairy Tales Part 5

Dragons!
why does it always end up with a dragon?
Did someone just inform the storyteller guild that there must always be a dragon? Is the some rule that dictates this kind of thing?
I mean I am a man/woman/prince and I should have been prepared for this but I stand there dumbstruck as Grimm begins "Dragon Killing class" and throws me a rock. I look at him, I look at the rock and then I look up. I hold up the rock and shrug.
Dragons.
I see stars and the sky and the grass. I hear a lot of cussing in Dwarfish and someone sits me up. Grimm comes into view and checks me over. he grunts and someone stands me up. a helmet is shoved on my head and the rock is handed back to me. I stare at the rock, I feel a sudden compulsion to wave at it. There is a loud clunk and I pitch over as the world spins and there is more dwarfish cussing.
Dragons.
well damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment