Sunday, September 7, 2014

The Trouble with Treks Part I

"Wake up!"

The first thing I notice is that we are moving.

"Dragon?" My mouth feels very dry. So it's more of a croak.

"No."

"Rock?"

"That was yesterday, we decided that rock pitching is not your strong suit."

I think we are in a carriage. No, this one does not smell good.

"Where?'

"We decided maybe you would be better off training on the road, lassie" Grimm says.

"Ugh." So prolific am I.

"No worries, we are well enough away from home to keep you from getting distracted."

"Great." I open my eyes to see what I have feared. Yep, it's a wagon. I hate wagons.

"I know you hate wagons." Grimm chuckles.

So I said that aloud then. My head feels better than it should although my mouth feels stuffed with cotton. I hope that its because I am thirsty and not because I needed dental work. I like my face as it was.

"Water?"

"Eh, well yes, alright, sit up there lassie." Grimm holds out a waterskin. I drink too fast and end up coughing and hacking in a very unprincess-like manner.

"Where are we?" I ask once I have regained my composure.

"Gwenodyn Road, east of T'narky, about half a day." Grimm says settling back in the hay that fills the wagon, which is covered by a tarp.

"T'narky!" Oh My Goddess! "How long have I been out?"

'Three and half days, as I figure it, Lassie."

"Damn." I still feel like Harm warmed over.

"Where are we going?" As if I don't already know.

"Dragon Barrens...of course." Grimm says with a lopsided grin.

"Fine!" I say. "No more rocks, okay?"

"Alright, lassie, no more rocks."

No comments:

Post a Comment