Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Problem with Fairy Tales Part 3

As you have probably noticed I often think too much and then feel I need to "touch all the bases." (The court wizard, Ralph the Magnificent, tells me that has something to do with a game where you take a club and hit a ball at people and then run around a square...oh, diamond {which is a square stretched a bit} to prove you hit someone with that ball and then when you get back to the home base you declare victory and there's a group hug from your team before they go hunt down the losing team and- oh right, sorry. Ralph says that he wished I would listen to him better and that I get easily distracted {cause its boring the way he described it}- Baseball should be called Battleball).

Where was I?
Oh right, so my fairy tale came crashing down. Well I should say my father, King Dev's fairy tale came crashing down. I had turned 8 and my father decided to invite the entire 9 kingdom's for my birthday.
So almost everyone came.
As you can probably guess. King Hal declined the invite...rather violently. Well, I hear he tore up the invitation and stomped on it before ordering it burnt.
So here is who came (take note because there will be a quiz later)

  1. King Olaf of Eisengarde, who brought his sons Thorn and Baldur. He also brought his daughter Brunhilda but who goes by Hildy.
  2. King Mark of the Enchanted Forest (go figure. No I am serious- that's what they named it) who brought his son...wait for it...Forest. (this stuff is too good to be true! but it is).
  3. King Herbert of Angsland, who brought his son, Phillip.
  4. King Randalf of the Hinderlands, brought his sons Cronk and Dipcus (no I have no idea how one goes about naming your kids that).
  5. King Stefan of Castille, who brought his sons Flynn, Quince, and Darin. He also brought his duaghter Izabole (or Izzy- she hates being called Izabole).
  6. King Louis of  Royaume des Fluers de Fees. (something like Fairy Kingdom of Flowers) who brought his sons Louis, Louie and Godfrey (Godfrey goes by Frank- who can blame him?).
  7. King Romane of Novis Talis, His sons are Henry (otherwise known as Prince Hal) and Richard (otherwise known as Rick).
  8. King Jason of Arkady, his sons are Herikles (whom we call Herk) Iphikles (whom we call Ip or Ippy) and Mark (because his mother insisted)
  9. King Landon of Helios, his son is George and his daughters Tricia and Helen.
 So there you have it, the Ten Kingdoms from our corner of the world. A small corner as it turned out (but that's for later). The corner was big enough for us and for the most part everyone got on save for one thing. Princes. 
Yep, each of the king's shared this one flaw- their prince had to be the best prince ever. King Dev, my father was no exception. Which made me, his son top candidate for that position.
You can see where this is leading?


No comments:

Post a Comment