Sunday, September 28, 2014

A Difficulty with Dragons Part I


I don't know how to tell you this, but we all got eaten by the dragon.

"Stop."

What?

"We weren't eaten by any dragon."

"Dammit Grimm- this is my fairy tale- go get your own."

"Now yer just being ridiculous."

"So what if I am, were you the one changed into a toad."

"Stop laughing at me, it's not that funny."

Well, I guess I am busted, the dragon did not, in fact, eat us. 
It did come back twice that night to pick off two of the remaining horses (which had come back), I only hope that the last never comes back.
Luke wandered in shortly before dark. Well, actually he stumbled into the gully where we had retreated and began cussing.
As he ranted, I gathered that he had thought he had put some real distance between himself, us and the dragon.

"Luke, shaddup already!" Grimm bellowed and cuffed the babbling man who sat down and complied, looking truly baffled at how unlucky he was.

(pictures partially unrelated)
The gully in which we have hidden, ironically is at the foot of the hill upon which the castle resides- well tower and ruin anyway. The dragon is back on top of the tower and from the noise of crunching and snapping has just cleaned off the last horse.
I don't know about the rest of my meery little band, but I am pretty miserable right now.

"Don't cheer up just yet." Grimm says plopping down besides me.

"Why not?" I say, glumly looking at my fingers which are muddy.

"It's going to rain." Grimm sighs, then he lies back and pulls his camp blanket over his head and soon the snores come ripping out of him. 

"I hate you." I say as the ran begins to fall.

Then the thunder clap.
I jump to my feet- but its a false alarm, the dragon just burped. 
and a leg bone slams down about 30 feet away from where it had been ejected from the dragon's maw.
Luke and Wilks and Alex look at me, like this is all my fault.

"I hate you all as well." I say. 

Just for that they won't let me share their umbrellas.

I think I hear a chortle, but I can't be sure, since my guilt is not going to be assuaged by my own misery and lack of mercy upon my companion's parts.

Did I mention that I hate dragons?


No comments:

Post a Comment