Monday, September 22, 2014

The trouble with treks Part 4



FUKE!!!!

The dragon in question is flying towards us.
The horses catch its scent and start screaming.
Yes, screaming. No wait, that's me.
I am screaming like a page boy at his first battle.
Grimm is yelling something, but I can't hear him because of all that screaming.
Wilks dives into the tent as if that is going to be sufficient shelter- although Alexander seems to think it is, since he runs towards it.
The tent collapses on Wilks who begins screaming.
Alexander skids to a halt and whips his head around looking for something to hide behind spots the wagon and then runs towards it. Grimm beats him there.
I stand there looking at them and the tent and not at the dragon.
Although I can guess by the looks of abject horror on their faces that I should have run. I can't run- my feet won't move.
The Horses, on the other hand, scatter as the black shadow and reek of old blood washes over me. Luke's horse makes it to full gallop before it is air born.
The dragon whisks it away like a hawk takes a field mouse. The Dragon glides away across the barrens. 
I can see that it is Black with red spines and is wearing a heavy gold collar made of interwoven links.
Wow.
Dragons like jewelry.

So, at least, I did not pee my pants.
Actually, I have no idea why people pee when they're afraid. Hilda once peed her kilt when she laughed too hard, but she said that she had to go but didn't so I guess that was- no, that was also unfathomable.

Taking stock of our predicament, the good news is we still have our wagon, tack, harness, tent and camping gear.
The bad news is that the horses are gone (although if they don't get eaten, they might come back- although if I was the horse, I'd go home), Luke ran off and might come back if he doesn't get lost, which he does in the castle where we grew up. I screamed like a page boy proving that I am an idiot. No one is as brave as we all hoped we would be. There's a really big dragon.
The really good news is I am going to kill my father, should I ever see him again.
The worse news should be obvious.
I will have to walk all the way home in order to do it.



No comments:

Post a Comment