Monday, February 16, 2015

The Problems with Princesses part 5

Max looks over at me and gives me the Smolder.

That is to say, he hikes his eyebrows up an inch or so.

"That two fifths of an inch"

Wait.

"you measure that kind of thing?"

"Oh yes, this is a very exact science, the Smolder."

Okay, he raise his brows two fifths of an inch, widens his deep brown eyes a hair-

"two hairs."

Two hairs. purses his lips just like a duck and puckers up like a baboon.

"now you are just mocking me."

I am mocking him.

"It's cute like when Prince hal does it, but you just look ridiculous."

"It's the Princess Dress, isn't it?"

"Yes, what's the story with that?"

Max jumps to his feet, twirls the dress is a swirl and bows while waving his hand with a flourish.

"I am mocking the Dragon!"

I look at him, I look at Princess Buttercup,  I shrug.

"Which Dragon?"

Max gawks.

"You mean there's more than one?"

Yup.

Rule # 2, never underestimate a Dragon.

"That's more like Rule #14." Max says

"Really?"

"Yes,  I stole a copy of the Rulebook from Stonehaven last year." Max says..

Well that explains why Ralph sent me here.

"Oh boy."

"I am that magnificent!" Max declares with triumph.

"Actually the wizard that owned that rule book sent me here to slay the dragon but I think he really wants his book back."

"Oh." Max says and deflates back down onto the loveseat.

"Hello? I am still sitting here!" yells the Princess.

"What's with her?" I ask.

"Well." Max says. "She's really a princess who is waiting for true love's kiss from a prince."

Well, I am not kissing her.

"That makes two of us."

"I hate you both." Princess Buttercup says.

No comments:

Post a Comment