Thursday, February 5, 2015

The Problem with Princesses Part 4

Crikey looks confused as he follows our gazes to the fourth wall which is to say nowhere since in a work of fiction the fourth wall is an imaginary line barrier between the 3 of us and you my readers.
For one insane second, I am afraid that my readers will respond but nobody ever comments on blogs like this, they just read them and chuckle and then look at me in this embarrassed way before slamming the door of his tower room in my face and telling me to go build a snowman somewhere else.
I love Ralph the somewhat Magnificent but he makes for a lousy audience.

"I am confused." I say as I gracefully flounce into a reading chair.

The Guy Princess gives me the most subtle of head shakes.
Princess Buttercup frowns down at me.

"Your chair?" I say.

"Yes." Princess Buttercup says and starts her own flounce towards it.

"Tough." I say and point at the loveseat.

Princess Buttercup opens her mouth and closes it and opens it and closes it as her face goes even more red.
"But-!" she splutters.

"I do not splutter!"

I don't know, it certainly looked like a splutter.

"Max?"

So Guy Princess has a name. Max.

"I well, I mean - I don't..." Max says then walks very ungraciously over to the loveseat and collapses into it.

Princess Buttercup pouts.

"I am not pouting! Stop being so mean!"

"You're pouting." Max says as he stares at the ceiling.

"Fine." I say and clamber out of the chair and plop myself onto the other chair which turns out to be amazingly uncomfortable

"More like sitting on a pile of logs" Max says.

I grumble and groan and slide onto the loveseat next to Max.

Princess Buttercup triumphantly stomps over to the reading chair and enthrones herself upon it.

"I don't STOMP!"

"That was a stomp." Max says.

"Is his name really Crikey?" I ask jerking my thumb at the old dude.

"MY name dear lady, is Crowley." Crikey says. "Shall I get your personages a cup of tea?"

He really said that.

"Imperially trained." Buttercup announces.

Crowley bows and leaves the sitting room by the same door Butterbuns came in.

"You just can't resist mocking me, can you?"

I admit it, it's fun.

"I hate you. I hate all of you."


No comments:

Post a Comment