Friday, January 30, 2015

The Problem with Princesses Part 3

The Guy in the Princess dress looks me up and down and shakes his head.
I guess this isn't going to be love at first sight.

I do have to admit that he is very cute and quite handsome in a roguish way. The mustache beard thing doesn't really help the whole princess thing.

"Princess Butterdish?" I ask placing my hands on either hip and sticking my chest out like I have seen the other princes do.

"Nope, I am Max." The guy says, then his manservant "Crikey" nudges him. "I mean yes, I am Princess Butterfingers."

Crikey shakes his head sadly.

"IT'S BUTTERCUP, FOR STEVEN'S SAKE!" Some woman screams from another room somewhere to my left.

Max looks apologetic.

A very petite and pretty woman strides- no storms into the room wearing a man's shirt, jerkin and britches. She's the quintessential blonde with blue eyes and tiny waist. She scowls at me then stops and looks harder.

Max looks apologetic.

"What the Haven are you supposed to be?"

I bow and doff my imaginary cap.
"I am Prince Charlie and I am here to rescue you, Princess Butterbuns."

"BUTTERCUP! Princess BUTTERCUP!" she rants throwing her arms up in the air and stomps her tiny bare feet. "Those blasted boots ae too big Max!"

Max looks apologetic.

He does have nice heroic hair, brown and wavy, his eyes are brown but he's got a killer smile and good teeth. He's not Prince hal but he does look better than Grimm or Luke or Wilks.

Princess Butterdip flops into a chair and tries to cry.

I said tries to cry but she just doesn't have those famous instant tear ducts of Princess Grace (Hal's sister or as I call her Princess Whinybutt) Instead she just blows out a sigh and says

"Why aren't you a man?"

"Blame my mother and that witch- I forget her name." I reply.

"Your forget your mother's name much?" Max asks grinning.

"Who?" I quip back.

"HELLO? I am the one asking the questions!" Princess Butterpup screams.

"Stop doing that!"

"Doing what?" I put on my most innocent smile.

"Purposely getting my name wrong, just to please your readers!"

Great, in all the world, I have found the only other person who breaks the fourth wall.

"I have always found that people will accept anything they read." Max says.

Great, make that the only other two people in the world.

"This is not going to end well."

We all look at each other and realize we all said it aloud and at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment