Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Problem with Princesses Part 2

First a Disclaimer. Max is not actually Flynn Ryder, although despite what either of them say neither are as good looking as either of them claim. Well there is the smolder, but -that is another story altogether. Max is shaking his head a lot at this point. Also Max seems to think that we as a "couple" are just like Rap and Flynn, frankly I don't see it. Now Grimm is nodding his head. Wow the two of them in agreement. Who'd have thought that this was possible?

But I digress.
Imagine, if you will. a dark foyer, the pitched sounds of Dragons roaring and people screaming- well I mean Luke, Wilks and Alex screaming and yelling and Grimm shouting and cussing but off in the background as I come to realize that I am, in fact in the arms of a guy wearing a silky dress sprawled beneath me. Our faces are nearly touching as I huff in deep guffaws of breath in relief at not being a pancake or a dead body at the bottom of a bottomless chasm- although I have to admit that the chasm would then not actually be bottomless.
But I digress. He, the guy in the dress has big eyes or they are just really wide right now.

"Dude, are you going to get off me, say, anytime today?"

Ah there goes the whole romantic notion of rescuing the Princess Butterbuns....

"Anytime would be soon enough."

"What?" Yes, i am so enraptured at this moment where I have met and by met, I mean, finally met the love of my-"

"DUDE! Not cool. Stop trying to kiss me!"

Is that anger or fear?

"Crikey!!!"

Who says Crikey anymore?

"Coming master."

Well, that explains why he is not a quaint antiquated princess, and thus just an obnoxious bossy pants. instead.

I feel myself being lifted by the arms backwards and up from the scrabbling arms of the Princess Butterdrop.

Soon we are all standing in the darkened foyer peering at at other, I can still see a guy in a silky gown that is pretty tight on him, Next to him is a gnarly old guy whose name is Crikey- I think. I resolve to wait until the Princess Butterbins says his name again before making a fool of myself.

"Crikey, but we need better lighting out here."

Dammit. Talk about ambiguity.

"This way master, we will retire to the sitting room." and the old guy who may or may not be Crikey shambles off towards the left and what turns out to be a beaded curtain. Very girly, I have to say and that is saying a lot.

"After you" the Princess Buttercrunch grumbles and gestures towards the curtain door.

"Ladies before Knights." I say automatically and then feel like a fool as there is clearly no ladies or knights present.

"Suit yourself." Princess Butterfinger says and then strides off without even the hint of a sway. Although there is a manly strut.

I do have to say that the Princess Butternut is very manly, I mean butch for a "Rescue Princess," I guess that would explain why he/she is still trapped in the tower here.

The Sitting room is well lit and this is definitely a guy in a princess dress, something is definitely wrong....

"Great, a girl in a knight suit, something is definitely wrong" The guy in the princess dress says.

this is not going to end well.



No comments:

Post a Comment